Founded in November 2016, NYC Eboarding connects a diverse range of electric skateboard enthusiasts located in the New York metropolitan area to participate in group rides and other events. Our community also advocates for clear and fair traffic laws that are inclusive of electric skateboards.
To contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the following form.
Riding in New York City traffic can be dangerous, so to ensure the safety of riders and to avoid being a public nuisance, we strongly recommend learning and practicing the following guidelines before attending a group ride.
- Build up a confident level of riding experience on your own before coming to a group ride
- Wear a helmet. We can't force everyone, but this is mandatory for underage riders
- Avoid pack mentality and be aware of your own moves. For instance, don't blindly follow other riders through red lights or assume that the path ahead is safe
- Hold out an arm in the direction that you're turning to let riders behind you know; hold a fist above your head for stopping
- Remain cautious and don't assume cars will stop for you
- Attach lights to your board and/or helmet to be seen by others at night
- Respect pedestrians and stop within reasonable distance
- Don't abuse whistles/horns
- Share the responsibility of ensuring riders aren't left behind
- Split large groups into waves to minimize risks
- Always bring your board's charger and spare belts
- Avoid plugging chargers into wall outlets that will exceed 20 amps as they may blow a fuse
- If you're riding with a group, share your location in Telegram
Our group operates as a non-profit and relies on the contributions of the admin team and volunteers to fund projects that incur upfront and ongoing costs. All proceeds go towards maintaining our website, printing stickers to give out for free, and funding custom merch orders for our members, including t-shirts and patches. All donations are welcome.